Losing EIN Confirmation Letter

1 min readMar 5, 2021

If you happen to lose your EIN confirmation letter, you can get an EIN verification letter. To get an EIN verification letter, you should contact the IRS support, identify yourself and your company, and request a 147c Letter.

EIN confirmation letter is typically a tax ID certificate. The Internal Revenue Service will mail you a confirmation letter within 8 to 10 weeks after approval of your EIN application. This confirmation letter is known as Form CP 575 and is mailed to the address mentioned in your Form SS-4 application.

If you need a replacement for a missing or never-received EIN confirmation letter, you can get an EIN verification letter from IRS. This verification letter serves the purpose of the confirmation letter you received from the IRS.

Follow the below process to obtain an EIN verification letter from the IRS:

  1. Contact the IRS support;
  • If you are not in the U.S. call (267) 941–1099.
  • If you are in the U.S. call 800–829–4933. The Business & Specialty Tax Line is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time.

You can read the rest of the article on our blog;




CLEMTA is Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that sets up a business/company in the United States.